Terms and Conditions for Dream in Kohler Africa Campaign
The competition is run by Kohler Africa (Pty) Ltd, and is open to all members of the design and architecture industry who are 18 years or older who reside in South Africa except the employees and their immediate families of Kohler Africa (Pty) Ltd, advertising and promotion agencies, distribution partners, associated companies, and outlet owners and their immediate families and staff associated with this competition.
- A list of the Top Three finalists will be selected by a panel of expert judges, on 11 May 2018 from all entries received within competition period. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Top Three will be notified within 1 week of the judge’s deliberation. We will then open voting to the public. The Judges score will be weighted 80% toward the final decision while the public’s score will weighted at 20%.
- The winner(s) will be announced on 12 June 2018.
- Prize(s) will be awarded within 30 (thirty) days of notification. Winner(s) will be contacted and will need to confirm their requested details.
- Winner(s) will need to respond with their requested details within 1 week of being notified in order to receive their prize. Kohler Africa (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the above mentioned notification within 1 (one) week, and to select an alternate winner from the Top 3 competition entries.
- The rules may be amended at any time during the competition with reasonable notification, and will be interpreted and applied at the sole discretion Kohler Africa (Pty) Ltd.
- By entering this competition all participants agree to accept and abide by the following competition rules:
- The promotional competition “Dream in Kohler” will run during the period of 07 March 2018 to 09 May 2018 for the first phase where entries are accepted and the period of 17 May to 07 June 2018 for the second phase whereby the public will be allowed to vote. The competition is valid during the day of each competition post, from time of posting until 5pm on the same day.
- To be entered into the competition and stand a chance of winning, participants need to submit a complete and comprehensive design for a 16m2 bathroom, accompanied by 1 x concept sketch, 1 x spec list, 1 x elevation, 2 x sections and 3 x 3D renders.
- Entries will only be accepted if the items listed above are submitted in full.
- The first prize is a contract and subsequent compensation at fair market value for the construction or execution of the ‘dream bathroom’ design for Kohler at the 100% Design – Decorex Johannesburg exhibition in August 2018.
- The second prize is a contract and subsequent compensation at fair market value for the construction or execution of the ‘dream bathroom’ design in the prestigious Kohler Gallery in Johannesburg.
- We reserve the right to make amendments to the specified Kohler product list provided so that is it is in line with global availability and market relevance.
- Please note that the winner will be required to allocate 15 hours to the planning and build of the exhibit.
- The prize is not transferable, cannot be deferred, exchanged, redeemed for cash and is not negotiable.
- The design must be wholly original and owned by you and Kohler Africa (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to reject any entries deemed unacceptable under these terms or any other terms.
- Entrants grant Kohler Africa (Pty) Ltd permission to communicate with them via any channels.
- All elements entered may be published online, and may be used for advertising and marketing purposes by and for Kohler Africa (Pty) Ltd.
- Winners may be required to disclose their details and/or to appear on radio, television, the Internet or in any printed or digital publications necessary.
- The entrant further agrees that full copyright in any related “Dream in Kohler” content is vested in the Kohler Africa (Pty) Ltd who shall have the right to use the material without restriction.
- By entering into this competition the entrant confirms that she/he is not committed in any way which would restrict or prevent either the performance of his/her services or the use of the entered materials.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of these rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor with or without notice.
- Entrants take part in the competition at their own risk and Kohler Africa (Pty) Ltd, bears no responsibility for any loss, damage or harm suffered as a result of participation.
- Kohler Africa (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise that are outside of its control, and will not be liable to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever.
- The announcement of a winner does not constitute a ruling by Kohler Africa (Pty) Ltd, that the winner has complied with these rules. Kohler may disqualify an entrant after the announcement, should any rule transgressions be discovered.
- By entering this competition, each entrant agrees to abide by all the rules.